Canton sets 'Trick-or-Treat' date and time for city children
Photo Credit: Stock photo
PHOTO: Halloween activities in the City of Canton will take place on October 25 from 3 to 5p.m.
By Adam Herman
Released/Published: Sep 10, 2009
The City of Canton announced Thursday that this year's annual Halloween “Trick-or-Treat” activities will take place on Sunday, October 25, 2009 from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m
As part of the announcement, Mayor Healy stressed the importance of keeping children safe during Halloween activities, and offered several tips (listed below) to help parents protect children and property while trick-or-treating.
1. Be sure to only walk on sidewalks (where available). Walking in the street or on private property could result in personal injury or property damage.
2. If walking in the street, walk on the left side of the street facing traffic. This will help to avoid potential injuries caused by motorists who do not see pedestrians as evening approaches.
3. Wear a watch and obey the city’s time constraints. Trick-or-treating takes place from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. only - visiting homes during non-approved times puts children at risk.
4. If a child’s costume contains a prop, make sure it is flexible. Stumbling or falling into a rigid prop (like a plastic sword, staff, or other hard object) could result in serious injury.
5. Only approach houses that are lit. Homeowners who do not wish to participate will not have their outdoor lights on during Trick-or-Treat.
The Mayor also asked homeowners to secure their pets away from children and keep open flames (candles, decorations, etc.) away from areas where children can access them. While pets often enjoy the excitement that comes from frequent visitors during Halloween, homeowners run the risk of an accidental bite or other injury if a pet becomes scared.
Contact Information: Canton Police Department - (330) 489-3100
Fueling Canton's Economic Future (Jul 24, 2012)
Canton officials roll out red carpet for shale industry players (May 22, 2012)
City and School District Reaffirm Curfew Guidelines (Jun 4, 2012)
Healy delivers 2012 State of the City address, declares Canton the (Mar 2, 2012)