The Construction Board has the following duties:
(a) Consider appeals of decisions of the Chief Building Official with regard to whether any applicant for an electrical, plumbing, or HVAC contractor's license has the requisite experience to be licensed in the City.
(b) Make recommendations to Council to accept or reject the use of alternative materials, devices, methods of assemblage or installations, fixtures or appurtenances relative to electric, plumbing and HVAC.
(c) Assist in the interpretation of the rules and regulations of the applicable provisions of the City Building Code.
(d) Hear and decide questions involving the suspension or revocation of various trade contracting licenses, permits or registrations issued by the City.
Meetings are held the third Wednesday of each month at 3:00 pm in the Building Department Office, 424 Market Ave. North.
Members are appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by Council.
|Construction Board Members||Seat Designation||Term Expires|
|Ron Berger||Plumbing Contractor||12/31/2019|
|Michael Abbott||Electrical Contractor||12/31/2019|
|Joseph Friedman||HVAC Contractor||12/31/2019|
|Dave Grabowski||HVAC Contractor||12/31/2019|
|David Kirven||Plumbing Journeyman||12/31/2019|
|Jon Kuhnash||Electrical Journeyman||6/30/2018|
|James Babcock||Councilmember||No Expiration|
|David Molnar||Chief Building Official||No Expiration|
The nine members of the Board are:
- The chief building official or his designee
- One member of council designated by the President of Council
- One member of the public at large who is knowledgeable and conversant in the construction industry
- One electrical contractor licensed to work in the City
- One journeyman electrician licensed to work in the City
- One plumbing contractor licensed to work in the City
- One journeyman plumber licensed to work in the City
- Two HVAC contractors licensed to work in the City
Three (3) years
Member serve without compensation.
City Ordinance 1309.01-.04
If you would like to apply to serve on this commission or recommend someone to serve, please send or fax a resume and cover letter to:
Office of Mayor Thomas M. Bernabei
ATTN: Boards and Commissions
218 Cleveland Ave. SW
Canton, OH 44702
Last updated 4/8/2016