10-31-2013 Rocky Horror Picture Show
11-01-2013 First Friday: "Cultural Cornucopia"
11-02-2013 McKinley Massillon Game
11-03-2013 Daylight Saving Time Ends
11-04-2013 Canton City Schools Board of Education Meeting
Trick or Treat!
|Time:||3:00 P.M. - 5:00 P.M.|
Canton's City Wide Trick or Treat!
In Canton, Ohio, 'Trick or Treat' is being observed on Sunday, October 27th, 2013. It starts at 3:00PM and ends at 5:00PM, 'Trick or Treating' is only permitted between those times.
Trick or Treating Tips:
1. Be sure to walk only on sidewalks (where available). Walking in the street or on private property could result in personal injury or property damage.
2. If walking in the street, walk on the left side of the street facing traffic. This will help to avoid potential injuries caused by motorists who do not see pedestrians as evening
3. Wear a watch and obey the city's time constraints. Trick-or-treating takes place from
3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. only - visiting homes during non-approved times puts children at risk.
4. If a child's costume contains a prop, make sure it is flexible. Stumbling or falling into a rigid prop (like a plastic sword, staff, or other hard object) could result in serious injury.
5. Only approach houses that are lit. Homeowners who do not wish to participate will not have their outdoor lights on during Trick-or-Treating.
Homeowners are asked to secure their pets away from children and keep open flames (candles, decorations, etc.) away from areas where children can access them. While pets often enjoy the excitement that comes from frequent visitors during Halloween, homeowners run the risk of an accidental bite or other injury if a pet becomes scared.
Have fun and be safe (Safety Tips from the CDC)!