424 Market Ave. North
Canton, OH 44702
Compliance - Police/Fire Recruitment
The City of Canton is always on the lookout for qualified men and women to join the ranks of its Police and Fire Departments!
Canton Police Department
The Canton City Police Department is looking for hard-working men and women of good character and reputation to join its ranks as members of Canton’s newest class of recruits - and we want you!
Successful trainees will become part of a close-knit organization where strong moral fiber and self-discipline are rewarded with career success and respect from those we protect and serve...do you have what it takes to become one of Canton’s finest?
- At least 21 but not yet 35 years old
- High School diploma or GED
- United States citizen
- Able to pass physical agility exam
- No felony convictions
- Valid driver’s license
- Have 20/20 or corrected vision
- Able to undergo pre-employment psychological evaluation tests
- Able to pass medical tests, drug screens, and civil service exams
Candidates with military experience, certain college degrees, Peace Officer certification, and Canton residents are given extra consideration.
- First year salary - $31,300 (without certifications) or $35,200 (with Peace Officer certification). Wages will then increase according to regular schedule and/or promotions.
- Paid Sick Leave and Holidays
- One week Paid Vacation after 10 months, two weeks after two years of service
- Free Training in Specialized Fields
- Promotion Opportunities
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Optical) and Prescription Drug Coverage
- Retirement Benefits
- Police and Fire Credit Union Membership...and much more!
Canton Fire Department
The Canton Fire Department is not hiring at this time.