Canton Sets Trick-or-Treat Date and Time
Released/Published: Sep 22, 2011
Canton sets "Trick-or-Treat" date and time for city children
The City of Canton announced Thursday that this year's annual Halloween "Trick-or-Treat" activities will take place on Sunday, October 30, 2011 from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. As part of the announcement, Mayor Healy stressed the importance of keeping children safe during Halloween activities, and offered several tips (listed below) to help parents protect children and property while trick-or-treating.
1. Be sure to walk only on sidewalks (where available). Walking in the street or on private property could result in personal injury or property damage.
2. If walking in the street, walk on the left side of the street facing traffic. This will help to avoid potential injuries caused by motorists who do not see pedestrians as evening approaches.
3. Wear a watch and obey the city's time constraints. Trick-or-treating takes place from3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. only - visiting homes during non-approved times puts children at risk.
4. If a child's costume contains a prop, make sure it is flexible. Stumbling or falling into a rigid prop (like a plastic sword, staff, or other hard object) could result in serious injury.
5. Only approach houses that are lit. Homeowners who do not wish to participate will not have their outdoor lights on during Trick-or-Treating.
The Mayor also asked homeowners to secure their pets away from children and keep open flames (candles, decorations, etc.) away from areas where children can access them. While pets often enjoy the excitement that comes from frequent visitors during Halloween, homeowners run the risk of an accidental bite or other injury if a pet becomes scared.
For more information, please contact the Canton Police Department at (330) 489-3100.
City of Canton to Celebrate Arbor Day on April 29, 2016, Sponsors Photography Contest (Jan 19, 2016)
Mayor Healy Will Deliver The State of the City Address Wednesday, March 18 (Mar 3, 2015)
Advisory: City to distribute Farmer's Market food vouchers (Jun 17, 2014)
Canton Fire Department Receives American Heart Association's Mission: Lifeline EMS Recognition Award (May 14, 2014)