Fire Station Realignment
Canton City Fire Department Station Realignment
Released/Published: Jan 8, 2016
On Tuesday, January 12th, 2016, the Canton Fire Department will enact the realignment plan concerning Fire Station closures and Fire Company realignment due to budget constraints. These closures will eliminate the previous practice of station closure by rotation.
Additional stations may be required to close, starting with Station #2 located at 415 Belden Ave SE, due to future potential budget constraints. Each of the closed stations will have signage indicating that they are closed and directing constituents to the nearest open station.
The following is a synopsis of the plan that was discussed in Council and further discussed at neighborhood meetings held during the month of December 2015:
1. Station #5 located at 3701 West Tuscarawas St. will close.
2. Station #6 located at 2621 Harmont Ave. NE will close.
3. Station #10 located at 4632 Vernon Ave. NW will close.
The following stations will remain open:
1. Station #1 located at 110 7th St SW
2. Station #2 located at 415 Belden Ave SE
3. Station #4 located at 2502 Cleveland Ave NW
4. Station #7 located at 1001 O’Jay’s Parkway NE
5. Station #8 located at 1330 Dueber Ave SW
For more information, please contact Thomas Garra, Battalion Chief of the Canton City Fire Department.
City of Canton to Celebrate Arbor Day on April 28, 2017 (Feb 23, 2017)
Ice Rink Season to End After Presidents Day (Feb 16, 2017)
Downtown Canton Ice Rink To Open After Seven Year Hiatus (Nov 29, 2016)
Arbor Day Celebration (Jan 19, 2016)