Welcome to the City of Canton's Sanitation Department. Here you will find information about the City of Canton’s standard weekly trash schedule, learn what is acceptable to place at the curb, and find out how you can ensure that your garbage is picked up every week without delay!
How Much We Service
The Sanitation Department services roughly 24,000 structures in and around the City every week. This amounts to approximately 31,000 tons (62 million pounds) of garbage every year from local residents.
Trash collection will take place in all weather, though the crews will not pick up garbage if the temperature falls to dangerous levels. If this happens, we will issue a press release via the City’s website and local media outlets.
We have opened some new options for bulk waste removal; here is a list of some of the things we can do for you:
- 14/15 yard and 20 yard roll off boxes for garbage and construction and demolition debris!
- 6/8 yard front-load dumpsters for landlords to put set-out or move-out materials. We charge only the standard rate so save money, save time, save the headache and call us at 330-489-3020.
- 6/8 yard front-load dumpsters for residents that want to clean out a garage, basement, or yard. Again, the cost is extremely cheap.
6 yard is $120.05
8 yard is $150.07
14/15 yard non-construction is $300.14
14/15 yard (C&D) is $330.50
20 yard non-construction is $360.16
20 yard (C&D) is $390.18
Recycle bins for curbside recycling are free and we deliver for free!
Are you a commercial customer? We have lowered prices to remain competitive - no fuel surcharges!
Do you think you qualify for a discount on your home service? Go to Canton Utilities where you can get the Homestead Form (PDF) to see if you qualify for a discount on your bill. To qualify for Homestead Exemption, you must:
- be at least 65 years of age during the year in which you are filing, or be permanently and totally disabled
- have a total income not to exceed $31,500 per year
- must own and occupy home as principal place of residence, effective January 1st of the filing year
- have the home inside city limits
Call us at 330-489-3020 if you have any questions. We will be happy to assist you!