The City of Canton has determined that the expansion of arts and cultural activities within the city will benefit the citizens and will further expand economic development of the city. Visual art enhances public spaces and invites public participation and interaction in these spaces. It also provides local artist with new opportunities to participate in the cultural life of our city.
The City of Canton has designated several areas within the public realm of the city it deems appropriate for the display of artwork including:
- Core Targeted Investment Areas;
- B-5 Central Business district;
- Targeted Investment Zones and Pedestrian/Urban Form Overlay Districts;
- Downtown Canton Special Improvement District; as well as,
- City buildings including, but not limited to Canton City Hall.
Application for Temporary Display of Art
Temporary Display of Art Application