The Canton Police Support Services Division assists in the direction of long term activities for the police department to accomplish its mission and goals. This helps to ensure that department resources are used in the most efficient and effective manner. To do this, the Support Services has several functions.
- The Support Services Division is responsible for coordinating police department efforts with other city departments, with other criminal justice agencies, and with the community.
- The Support Services Division also works with regional, state and national organizations to enhance the ability of the police department to ensure the safety of all persons in the community.
- The Support Services Division is responsible for the logistics of the Police Department. This means that personnel assigned to the division prepare and administer the police budget and coordinate the computer resources with those of Federal, State, and County Governments.
- The Support Services Division also oversees all information and communications systems that are required to keep the police department operating effectively.
- The Support Services Division is also primarily responsible for providing support and coordination for all the department's Divisions and Units. This includes the development, implementation, and management of the department's rules, regulations, and policies, as well as maintaining all department records and documents, managing all department training through the Canton Police Training Academy. This is all done while managing department goals and objectives to provide the most cost-effective delivery of police service.
As you can see, The Support Services Division provides support for the entire department and also performs a number of specialized functions including implementing and maintaining the current fleet of police vehicles, police computers, the radio system, and security systems. The Support Services Division also oversees:
- Fiscal Manager
- Grant Administrator
- Community Outreach
- Departmental Purchases
- Property Bureau
- Record Room
- Written Policy and Procedures
- Office of Professional Standards
- Office of Professional Development
- LEADS Information System management
The Support Services Division is made up of the following Bureaus and Departments: