- 3 pm
- 3rd Wednesday of every month
- Building Department Office
424 Market Avenue N
Canton, OH 44702
|Charles Corcoran||Chief Building||No Expiration|
|James Babcock||Councilmember||No Expiration|
|Michael Abbott||Electrical Contractor||12/31/2025|
|Jon Kuhnash||Electrical Journeyman||12/31/2024|
|Dave Grabowsky||HVAC Contractor||12/31/2025|
|Stuart Kraft||HVAC Contractor||12/31/2023|
|Darren Elliott||Plumbing Contractor||12/31/2024|
|Brett McElfresh||Plumbing Journeyman||12/31/2025|
Members are appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by Council.
The nine members of the Board are:
- The chief building official or his designee
- One member of council designated by the President of Council
- One member of the public at large who is knowledgeable and conversant in the construction industry
- One electrical contractor licensed to work in the City
- One journeyman electrician licensed to work in the City
- One plumbing contractor licensed to work in the City
- One journeyman plumber licensed to work in the City
- Two HVAC contractors licensed to work in the City
The Construction Board has the following duties:
- Consider appeals of decisions of the Chief Building Official with regard to whether any applicant for an electrical, plumbing, or HVAC contractor's license has the requisite experience to be licensed in the City.
- Make recommendations to Council to accept or reject the use of alternative materials, devices, methods of assemblage or installations, fixtures or appurtenances relative to electric, plumbing and HVAC.
- Assist in the interpretation of the rules and regulations of the applicable provisions of the City Building Code.
- Hear and decide questions involving the suspension or revocation of various trade contracting licenses, permits or registrations issued by the City.
Member serve without compensation.