Members are appointed by the Mayor at the recommendation of the Neighborhood Leadership Council. Council confirmation is not required.
The Commission consists of:
- Law Director or designee
- Director of Public Service
- Director of Public Safety
- Director of Development
- Two members of Council, appointed by the Council Majority Leader
- Director of Community Engagement, Stark Community Foundation
- Six members of the public, appointed by the Neighborhood Leadership Council
The Commission was originally established by Executive Order 2011-001, and enacted on February 14, 2011. Executive Order 2016-001, enacted on April 27, 2016 reaffirmed and amended the purpose and membership of the Commission. The Commission's purpose is to establish a forum for communication and collaboration between neighborhood associations and city government.
Initial appointments listed are staggered one-, two-, and three-year terms. All subsequent appointments shall be for three-year terms.
Members serve without compensation.
Executive Order: 2016-001 (PDF)