Systems Planning Board
- 9:30 am
- 2nd Wednesday of every odd numbered month
- City Hall
- Thomas M. Bernabei Mayor
- Jim Adams Health Commissioner
- Patrick Barton Information Systems
- Kristen Bates Aylward Law Department
- Sean Durkin Public Appointee
Term Expires May 30, 2020
- Phil Giavasis Clerk of Courts
- John Highman Director of Public Service
- Mike Kochera Municipal Court
- RA Mallonn Auditor
- John Mariol City Council
- Kim Perez Treasurer's Office
- Andrea Perry Safety Director
Public member is appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by Council.
The Board consists of:
- Mayor or his designee
- Law Director or his designee
- Auditor or his designee
- Treasurer or his designee
- One member of City Council or his designee
- Presiding judge of the Canton Municipal Court or his designee
- Clerk of Courts or his designee
- Director of Public Service or his designee
- Health Commissioner or his designee
- Director of Public Safety or his designee
- Information Systems manager or his designee
- One member of the public, qualified by occupation or profession as having specialized knowledge in the area of management information systems
The Systems Planning Board:
(a) Serves as an advisory board to the Department of Management Information Systems.
(b) Provides recommendations concerning the planning, acquisition, prioritization of user needs, allocation of financial resources, choices concerning new and future technologies, replacement scheduling of existing systems, personnel training and utilization issues and other issues concerning computer-based information systems required by various departments within the City.
(c) In conjunction with the Department of Management Information Systems, establishes short-term and long-term planning objectives for the City's information systems requirements.
(d) Approves computer related purchase over $15,000 prior to Council approval to ensure compatibility with existing systems, coordinate technology throughout the City and verify the best solution at the lowest cost.
Members serve without compensation.
City Ordinance 150.January, 2002