Board of Control Agenda
BOARD OF CONTROL
Tuesday, April 7, 2020
Mayor’s Conference Room: 8th Floor City Hall
1. Enter into the following contracts for the Department of Development to utilize CDBG and HOME funds:
- Stark County Community Action Agency will have two CDBG contracts for the Youth Career Exploration Program in the amount of $100,000.00 and Enrichment Camp 705 in the amount of $60,000.00.
- En-Rich-Ment will have a CDBG contract for a Fine Arts and Youth Training Program in the amount of $60,000.00.
- ICAN, Inc. will have a HOME contract for Community Housing Development Organization Operating Expenses in the amount of $40,000.00 in order to fulfill a HUD requirement.
2. Enter into a professional services agreement with Glaus, Pyle, Schomer, Burns & DeHaven, Inc. dba GPD Group in the amount of $159,854.00 for the engineering design of the 36th St. NW Storm Sewer & Road Reconstruction Project, Phase 2 GP1270.
3. Enter into contract with Ohio Machinery Co. dba Ohio CAT in the amount of $101,065.00 for the purchase of a backhoe for the Water Department pursuant to the Sourcewell (formerly NJPA) Cooperative Purchasing Program which exempts said purchase from competitive bidding.
4. Enter into contract modification No. 1 with Burgess & Niple, Inc. for the Asset Management (AM) and Capacity, Management, Operation and Maintenance (CMOM) Plan Development and Implementation in the amount of $580,500.00 to include manhole inspections, USEPA reports, capital improvement plan development, etc., resulting in a new contract amount of $1,829,300.00.
5. Enter into Change Order No. 1 with Central Allied Enterprises, Inc. in the amount of $81,484.52 for the Canton South Waterline Extension Project Phase I, due to the need to change to directional boring under culverts for waterline installation due to a high water table, resulting in a new contract amount of $2,657,529.02.