The City of Canton and Bird, a leader in environmentally friendly electric transportation, have teamed up to bring shared e-scooters to the city. The eco-friendly transportation option can be activated through Bird's free mobile phone application and used to replace gas-powered car trips when going to the store, meeting up with friends, exploring the community and taking many other daily trips. Bird offers several resources and benefits for the community, some of which include:
- Community Pricing: Bird's inclusive Community Pricing Program offers a 50% discount to low income riders, Pell grant recipients, select local nonprofit and community organizations, veterans and senior citizens. Those who qualify can sign up by downloading the Bird app, creating an account and emailing proof of eligibility to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Free Rides for Healthcare Workers and Emergency Personnel: To recognize the individuals whose work continues to be so crucial to the health and safety of our communities, Bird offers free rides to healthcare workers and emergency personnel. Those who qualify can sign up by emailing a copy of their medical identification card, name and phone number to email@example.com. Eligible riders receive two free 30-minute rides per day.
There are several ways to contact Bird with any issues:
- Use the Mobile App Community Mode: In the bottom left corner of the bird mobile app, click on the community mode icon and file a report. This sends an immediate action alert to the Operations team.
- General Support Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 24/7 Support Line: +1 (866) 205-2442