Thank you for your interest in the City's American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) Senior Sidewalk Replacement Program. The City of Canton looks forward to working with property owners for the betterment of properties and Canton as a whole.
What does the program cover?
The American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) Senior Sidewalk Replacement Program is a great opportunity for qualifying seniors within the City of Canton to replace deteriorated sidewalks. If approved, the City of Canton will coordinate qualifying seniors with contractors to cover 100% of sidewalk replacement costs with ARPA funding.
To be eligible, households must be:
- Located within the City of Canton, Ohio
- Owner-occupied single-family homes or duplexes
- Home to at least one (1) titled property owner 65 years of age or older who meets the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) income guidelines for very low-income households
- Household of one (1): Income cannot exceed $26,950.00
- Household of two (2): Income cannot exceed $30,800.00
- Household of three (3): Income cannot exceed $34,650.00
- Household of four (4): Income cannot exceed $38,450.00
- Household of five (5): Income cannot exceed $41,550.00
- Household of six (6): Income cannot exceed $44,650.00
- Household of seven (7): Income cannot exceed $47,700.00
- Household of eight (8): Income cannot exceed $50,800.00
All qualified senior citizens are welcome to apply here. The City Engineering Department will determine if a sidewalk qualifies as needing replaced pursuant to Chapter 919.03 of the Canton Codified Ordinances. If you have any questions regarding applications and eligibility, please contact Utility Billing Manager Sharon Whaley at (330) 438-6149.