What constitutes making an official complaint?

Internal Affairs investigates the conduct of our officers or employees. The office will not contest what you (the complainant) were charged with criminally, or cited for in a traffic violation. All charges will be handled through a court of law. 

Our office looks into the actions of our officers both on and off duty. Sworn officers are held to a higher standard and are expected to handle themselves in a manner conducive to that decree of conduct. If you believe that a Canton Officer did not act with proper conduct and professionalism, then you are encouraged to file an official complaint with the Canton Police Department Internal Affairs Office.

Show All Answers

1. How do I file a complaint?
2. Where can I find Internal Affairs?
3. What constitutes making an official complaint?
4. Who works in Internal Affairs?
5. How long does an investigation take to complete?
6. How long before I am notified of the outcome of the investigation?