Emergency: Dial 9-1-1
Click here to view
Canton's Most Wanted
• Administration Division
- Admin Coordinator
- Auxilliary Police
- Citizen Academy
- Property & Evidence
- Records Bureau
- K-9 Officers
- Training Academy
• Uniform Patrol Division
- Impound Lot
- Traffic Bureau
- Uniformed Patrol Shift
- Youth Corps Information
• Investigative Division
- Crime Scene Unit
- Detective Bureau
- F.B.I. Task Force
- Juvenile Bureau
- Vice Unit
- S.W.A.T. Team
- Anonymous Crime Tips
- Crime Information Report
- Impound, Traffic, Parking Fines Information
- Police Media Contacts
- Crime Prevention Manual
221 Third Street S.W.
Canton, OH 44702
Click here for a complete
Police Department - Welcome!
You have reached the online home of the City of Canton Police Department. Please take a moment to navigate through our site and learn more about how we are working to protect and serve Canton residents. We strive to maintain an open and transparent department as much as possible, and are more than happy to answer any questions you may have as we are permitted by the law.
For your convenience, we have added a link where you can view your police report from home.
VIEW ON-LINE REPORTS by clicking: Here
LEARN MORE ABOUT SHOTSPOTTER: Here
Click on tip411 to send anonymous information to the Canton Police Department.
Click Here to Sign Up For tip411 Alerts.
We have good news - the CantonPD Tips app for iPhone and Android devices are now available.
iPhone - iTunes Store
Android - Google Play Store
The mission of the Canton Police Department is to protect the lives and properties of the citizens of Canton, enforce all city, state, and federal laws, prevent crime, and educate the public.
We, the men and women of the Canton Police Department, shall perform these duties with honesty and fairness through strong leadership and continuous training. We will strive to serve as role models for the community, applying professional standards and commitment to integrity, sensitivity and compassion to those we serve.
Find the Canton Police Department on Facebook.
Our Guiding Principles
Officers of the Canton Police Department abide by six major guiding principles. They are as follows:
- To be a progressive, proactive organization, dedicated to safety and serving the needs of the community.
- To be responsive and accountable to the citizens of Canton through the chain of command and the city's administration.
- To promote the professional and personal growth of each employee through strong, fair, flexible leadership.
- To create an environment in which employees can attain the highest degree of creativity, productivity and sense of morale.
- To maintain a spirit of cooperation within the department and between Labor Unions and other representative organizations.
- To be fair, honest and display common sense in all actions.
Find the Canton Police Department on Twitter.
We are NOT accepting applications for the Auxiliary Police Unit at this time.
Please feel free to contact us at any time, day or night. If you are in an emergency situation, please dial 911. For all other non-emergency calls, please click here to see a telephone directory for the Department.
Recent News from the Police Department
"Cops Fore Kids" First Tee Application
By Robert Flaherty
Posted: Jul 22, 2015